Old July 25th 11, 05:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default First hand experience with GPS Jamming

On 7/24/2011 8:05 PM, ray conlon wrote:
On Jul 24, 10:45 pm, wrote:

And the new 4G cellphone- GPS
interference battle is just beginning. The cell phone industry is
promising to deliver billions to the federal coffers, and the FAA cost
the feds $$$, who do you think will win that one?

I'm betting the cell phone people lose this one - it's not just the FAA
that uses GPS and intends to depend heavily upon for ADB-S, but the
airliners filled with nervous passengers (aka "taxpayers"), but many
businesses and about a jillion consumers (aka "taxpayers").

At least the problem is not wide spread at the moment. I've never
experienced a GPS problem while flying or driving (except for tunnels
and tall buildings!).

email me)