Old August 6th 03, 08:57 PM
Jim Weir

Alkalines have a problem when you get to the power levels we are talking about
for transmit. They last a mercifully short time in most HTs. We've found that
popping for the NiMH cells is far better from a time and life point of view.

Try www.thomasdistributing.com Probably the best price in the country.

Jim

"Greg Burkhart"

-"Ross Oliver" wrote in message
- Has anyone else tried transmitting using a handheld powered by alkalines,
- either the A23 or any of the other brands? I'm thinking about trying the
- Sporty's model next. It uses 8 AA rather than the A23's 6.
-
-I don't have direct experience with the Icom radios, but I was with Jay
-Honeck when he picked up his A5 at OSH. The dealer mentioned when using
-alkalines in the Icom, don't use Duracell brand. He said there was a
-'compatibility' problem when using that brand for some reason. Jay picked up
-a set of industrial Energizers and used his new handheld for a few days
-without any problems.
-
-Jay, any problems with either new radio or the other goodies?
-

http://www.rst-engr.com