Old January 27th 04, 04:01 PM
Larry Dighera

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:08:47 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote in Message-Id:
.net:

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
.. .

So far, it's been 50/50. The first high-speed low-level military
flight, that collided with a glider, was able to make it safely to its
original destination. Miraculously, the glider safely landed missing
several feet of wing and aileron! If I recall correctly, the NTSB
found the glider pilot to be at fault, despite the see-and-avoid
regulations!

The F-16 involved in the Florida MAC became uncontrollable; its
military pilot safely ejected and walked away.

Those are the only two incidents?

Those two are the only two military v civil MACs of which I am aware.
Granted, the universe of my search has been limited to the USA. I
would welcome information about others that you, or anyone else, may
be able to provide.