Old July 22nd 03, 03:21 AM
C Knowles

My previous assignment was at Travis, in the 60AMW and then at HQ 15AF.

I certainly wasn't in THAT loop but it didn't seem to be that big of a deal;
the NAF really doesn't require that much support. The biggest tussle seemed
to be over personnel moves. NAF would demand a certain person for a job, the
wing didn't want to give them up... Usually solved over a beer at the
generic, I mean, all-ranks club (wait till Art reads this). Protocol being
what it is, and since the NAF would be down to administer an ASEV to the
wing sooner or later, I'm sure the WG/CC was always happy to keep the NAF/CC
happy.

Curt

"BUFDRVR" wrote in message
Tenant units that do not fall under the host wing generally take care of
their own mission but, when it comes to base issues, still follow

direction
from the wing commander.

Which includes units such as numbered Air Forces. Kind of strange an O-6

can
tell an O-9, who's directly above him in the chain of command, where and

how
his HQ will be supported. Now I'm sure theres a little "give and take",

but
ultimately the WG/CC controls how, when and where the HQ for a numbered

Air
Force is supported.

BUFDRVR

"Stay on the bomb run boys, I'm gonna get those bomb doors open if it

harelips
everyone on Bear Creek"