Old August 5th 04, 11:22 AM

Default Need Assistance. Daughter wants to become helicopter pilot.

Ryan Ferguson wrote:

So my fixed wing ATP is worth $150k... to START? Hilarious!

Well, my neighbor is an ATP and flys private jets for corporate
clients. That's what he makes even though he isn't really exercising
his full license.

The point is not to state the exact salary someone will make with a
particular license, the point is that heli licenses cost twice as much
and yeild jobs that pay half as much.

Do that many ATP heli pilots make over $75K a year? From what I hear,
the answer is no. Even those with their own heli businesses - once
they deduct the cost of the helicopter, I doubt they are rolling in
the dough.

Dennis.

Dennis Hawkins
n4mwd AT amsat DOT org (humans know what to do)

To find out what an H-1B is and how Congress is using
them to put Americans out of work, visit the following
web site and click on the "Exporting America" CNN news
video: http://zazona.com/ShameH1B/MediaClips.htm