Old April 6th 17, 03:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce

Default state tax question

On Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 12:30:12 PM UTC-7, Del Jensen wrote:
You guys are probably tired of these kinds of questions, but I have been searching the web and haven't found the answer to my situation.

I recently purchased a glider in AZ, where I intend to keep it and fly it.. I am a Utah resident, and the bill of sale and FAA registration so indicate.

My intention is to pay the AZ sales tax, along with state registration. Will this trigger a beef with Utah? Can one be obliged to pay sales tax to two states, simply because one has primary residence in a different state than that where a purchased asset is located and utilized?

Many thanks for any insight on this.

Del

Del,

If you purchased your glider from an individual as opposed to a business, there will be no sales tax in Arizona. You need to register it in AZ and it will cost you $25 a year.