Old January 28th 15, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Default ASG-29E vs. JS-1Jet Sustainer

Comments from 40 hours or so in JS1B and C, more in the 29, and even more in a 26E:
Both the gliders you mention are very nice to fly. Bold, caps and underline very.
A raised and stopped prop is a big spoiler. A raised and stopped jet is not.
The flap/aileron mixer has better glide path control and aileron control in landing flap setting than flaperons can give you.
You will be amazed by the handling and comfort of both of these machines. Flew JS1 before my own 29 was registered and thought I may have made a mistake, but now feel the 29 is what the 27 always wanted to be.
On the ASH26E newsgroup's tech website there is documentation of my ASH26E (now "DEE") fire extinguisher installation. I wish more people installed something like that, or manufacturers would give buyers that option.
Jim