Old June 6th 07, 09:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
A Guy Called Tyketto

Default Gliders in the Grand Canyon

Mxsmanic wrote:
Marty Shapiro writes:

Not only are you a moron, you're an asshole as well. How stupid does
one have to be to think that just because a printed chart (updated every 6
months, and at least 1 month out of date when it appears) shows an airport
that the airport is still really operational as an airport?

It's just a strip of dirt. That's all it has ever been. You can still land
on it and take off from it, so it's operational. It doesn't need a tower or
terminal or first-class lounge to be a usable airport.

There is a HUGE difference between a strip of dirt, and an
open, Operational field. According to the owners of the field, The
Arizona DOT, it is closed and not to be used for any operations. And
you of all people should know that, seeing that you allegedly LIVED in
Arizona.

It is CLOSED, and therefore not a usable field for anything at
all, expect a decent place to put down for an emergency landing.

Expect this field to show up shortly at airfields-freeman.com
for being Abandoned/Closed. I'm even willing to bet it won't even show
up as abandoned on the next sectional.

The VFR sectional charts are issued every 6 months. The Grand Canyon
chart is on a "when issued" cycle. Only a stupid buttwipe like you would
believe that just because it's on the unexpired chart its still there.

It's on both charts.

How about this. Pull up Skype and call the closest FSS to
Tuweep (Prescott FSS). Ask them if Tuweep is an open field. Then report
back to us what their answer was. Be sure to put your tail between your
legs when you do.

Did you try looking up Tuweep in the A/FD, which is also a federal
government publication, but is updated on 56 day cycle?

Yes, but it's not listed. Of course, many airports are not listed.

So you refuse to believe the government, who controls the
charts and listings for active fields? You are pathetic.

The Arizona Department of Transportation used to maintain Tuweep.

What maintenance did a dirt strip require?

Lessee.. Active listing in A/FDs, for one, magnetic variation
for the runway, appropriate calculable runway length/width, MVAs for
that area.. Need I go on?

Try filing a VFR flight plan to L50 with DUATS. Let us know if it is
accepted.

You can fly VFR without a flight plan.

Well, no ****. Read what he said. File a flight plan, VFR, IFR
or whatever, to L50 with DUATs. And while he may not say it, I will.
I'll guaran-damn-tee it won't be accepted.

Your statements are pure unadulterated bull ****.

In other words, you disagree, which is your prerogative.

I have to agree with him. Your statements are pure
unsustantiated bull****.

BL.
- --
Brad Littlejohn | Email: