Old May 7th 05, 11:07 AM
gregg

Dudley Henriques wrote:

"gregg" wrote in message
Dudley Henriques wrote:

"gregg" wrote in message
Dudley Henriques wrote:

"gregg" wrote in message
Dudley Henriques wrote:

The first thing you learn in flying is NEVER to put much faith in
general analogies. They don't work for various reasons.
On Usenet, the old "ignore them" analogy usually ends up right back
out here on Usenet, being laid out by someone for someone else, as
nothing more than absolute proof that the analogy doesn't work in
the first place.
:-)
No my friend....unfortunately it's man's basic flaws and individual
personalities that will determine how communication is carried out
on Usenet, not the old "ignore um" analogy.
But it sounds good anyway :-)))))

Dudley Henriques

Dudley,

When you use the word "analogy" do you mean, like, "rule of thumb" or
"method"?

Just asking.

--
Saville

Sorry. I can't imagine...

Don't sell yourself short, Dudley; you've exhibited a vibrant and
highly
creative imagination.

.....you "just asking" me anything,

Believe me...setups utterly unecessary.

Sorry, your post has nothing to do with aviation.

Neither did your response to my question (my question did have something
do with aviation).

--
Saville

Well then, as of THIS post, consider anything written by me to you as
whatever you wish it to be.
Starting today; new game!

NEW *game*? Fascinating....

Well that's good because you've replied to dozens of non-aviation entries,
with non-aviation replies, especially just in the last few days. So we know
you, in fact, have no problem replying to non-aviation threads, in reality.

.................and your question or statement concerning flying
is............................?

It's a question about a flying statement you made:

You wrote (you can see it above):

The first thing you learn in flying is NEVER to put much faith in
general analogies. They don't work for various reasons.

I want to understand what you mean by the word "analogies" when used in this
statement about flying.

My question was and is:

When you use the word "analogy" do you mean, like, "rule of thumb" or
"method"?

Or did you really mean the "A is to B as B is to C" sort of thing?

And, clearly, I mean the specific use of the word above, as regards to
flying.

--
Saville

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/backstaffhome.html

Restoration of my 82 year old Herreshoff S-Boat sailboat:

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/SBOATrestore.htm

Steambending FAQ with photos:

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/Steambend.htm