Old January 30th 04, 08:10 PM
damron

It's pretty clear that the video was made with AF hardware. I doubt they
contract for that. If they did, it is possible that the contractor has the
rights, but I doubt it.

"Clark" stillnospam@me wrote in message
nafod40 wrote in :

Clark wrote:

Can the Air Force, as a US government entity, hold copywrite? I'm under
the impressiono that nothing the Feds own is copywritable. I may have
the language wrong but if the government owns intellectual property
then it's in the public domain (unless classified...).

Yes, they can hold copyrights. They can hold patents and license them
too.

from www.copywrite.gov:

§ 105. Subject matter of copyright: United States Government works35

Copyright protection under this title is not available for any work of the
United States Government, but the United States Government is not

precluded
from receiving and holding copyrights transferred to it by assignment,
bequest, or otherwise.

e.g. the US government can't apply for a copywrite but may receive one. In
the case of the ejection video, hmmm?