Old October 21st 04, 05:48 PM
Aaron Coolidge

Dave wrote:
: I'd love to know the companies that are insuring twins to owners with
: 0 time, provisioning that they fly with an instructor for X hours.
: They may have existed in the past, but I have a feeling they're far
: and few between now, and probably have some pretty crappy premiums.

Avemco will probably insure a person in this circumstance. A couple years
ago when I looked at Senecas, 310's and Twin Comanches I was quoted
insurance on all three types by Avemco. I had 300 TT, no complex or multi.
The quotes were very high, but not out of bounds considering my experience.
The Twin Comanche was highest ($7000), the 310 next ($4500), the Seneca
cheapest ($3800). Avemco said that I could expect those rates to drop
by about 50% with 100 to 200 hours of multi time in type. The quotes
were for $1M/$100k with $100k hull (I have no assets, so please don't
explain that those limits are too low.)
Although those quotes were within reason considering my experience they were
too high for me and I have not gone the multi route.
--
Aaron Coolidge