Old November 9th 03, 11:40 AM
Janusz Kesik

http://www.forteinc.com
=20
I've tried a few and this is the one I like best. It won't open
attachments unless you explicitly ask it to and won't display HTML
pages either - unless you ask it to, which I don't.

I have just downloaded it and starting to test it.

Outlook-specific advice: AFAIK its not possible to turn off attachment
download. However, here's something you CAN do. If you've got the
preview pane turned on (it's on by default) turn it off at once. When
a message is previewed all its attachments are opened and if one is a
virus then your PC is toast.=20

Done that with the email inbox, and it seems to be working for some =
time. I didn't want to do that with the newsgroup browser, but... well =
it looks like I'll have to.

Regards,

--=20
Janusz Kesik