Old October 28th 08, 08:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
toad

Default SeeYou Mobile with SN10B data

On Oct 28, 8:48*am, JJ Sinclair wrote:
Why *would you want a PDA when you have an SN10? This moving map
business is over rated and puts your eyes inside the cockpit. All I
want and need, is the heading and distance to the turn-point and the
same to the nearest landable point. The SN10 gives me that in a quick
glance then my head is back outside where it belongs. Lots of good
stuff going on out there, besides not running into someone. Is the
other guy outclimbing me? If he is, I'd better move my circle over a
tad. Hey, there's a red tail over there.......lets join him. Hmmmm,
the ripples on the water indicate a north wind, that smoke from the
rice stubble indicates a west wind.........bet there's a shear around
here somewhere. I keep my eyes where they belong.
:) JJ
You done good on the SN10 wind program, Dave.

No, one glance at the moving map takes the same amount of time as
looking at the SN10 to get the same info. Maybe less time.

Todd Smith
3S