Old January 18th 21, 03:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default New Oudie - volume location

On Monday, January 18, 2021 at 9:44:29 AM UTC-5, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi Dan,

Oudie volume is accessible in the MacCready and Altitude setting screen. To get there, go to Menu, Mc & Alt.

It is unclear if that setting does the same things as the old Oudie home screen volume settings.

Please let me know if that does what you need.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
On Monday, January 18, 2021 at 7:34:21 AM UTC-6, Dan Daly wrote:
A friend just picked up a new Oudie for Christmas. It is the new revision (picture of the Oudie on a background of clouds on upper half of screen, what was on the second page of the old version underneath). There is no obvious method of changing volume on the home screen, where before, it was at the top, and on the second page.

Can any new Oudie owners help? Where does one change volume on the new Oudie 2 (has SeeYou Mobile).

Thanks in advance.

Dan
2D

Hi Paul, thanks for the quick reply. I see it now, in the manual - kind of hidden.
"Volume
This property is only used when connected to a variometer which is capable of receiving commands for
changing the Vario volume. Such instruments are LX 1600 and Cambridge 302."

I've passed this on to him. He is concerned that altitude and airspace warnings won't be aural. I'll let you know.

Dan