Old May 22nd 07, 04:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Default Soft field landings - low wing vs high wing aircraft

Justin Gombos wrote:
I'm interested in hearing which configuration folks prefer for turf
strips - as well as other factors that might make one plane more
suitable than another for grass strips. Or is everything negligable?

I've landed Cherokees and Cessnas on grass and I prefer the Cessnas. It seems
to me that the elevator authority is greater, or becomes effective earlier than
in the Cherokee. It doesn't take much to hold a C-172 nose up, particularly
compared to an PA-28 or -32. YMMV.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com