Old February 24th 07, 03:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
R&R Sherwood

Default ELT turns on with comm transmitting ???

A new problem has recently popped up with my ELT, an ACK Technologies model
E-01. I now have 160 flight hours on my Glasair. Occasionally the ELT
starts transmitting when the comm push-to-talk button is depressed. I
must hit the ELT reset button to stop it. The
only change that I have made is the addition of a one foot tall aluminum
structure placed about 8 inches from the ELT antenna. The comm is a King
97A, its antenna is about 4 feet from the ELT antenna. Have any ideas as
to what may be causing this?

Throttle Up,
Russell Sherwood