Old May 30th 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default GPS intrference from Zaon PCAS ??

For what it's worth I use an MRX in several different gliders
different GPS systems including a Cambridge 302 mounted close under
where the MRX sits and I have no GPS problems.

When you say 3"- 4" above the GPS Nav - do you have a model 20 or the
25 with the antenna mounted right on top? Are you sure you are not
simply obscuring the signal? Other things nearby might obscure other
parts of the sky and the MRX might be the final straw? Does the
problem go away if the PCAS is turned off?

Darryl

On May 29, 7:47 pm, Carl wrote:
My GPS-NAV has been reliable until a few weeks ago with my Aero 1550
running GN2 when I started using my Zaon PCAS velcro mounted on my
instrument panel cover which has it about 3-4" above the GPS-NAV. My
GPS-NAV now goes into GPS wait frequently and has problems locking up
to the constellation. Has anyone else had this experience? Could the
oscillator in the PCAS be an interference source or its harmonics.
I'll try to do some experimenting with and without it this weekend.
Thanks - Carl
V2b-7E