Old May 30th 07, 06:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nyal Williams

Default GPS intrference from Zaon PCAS ??

What does the Zaon do if two or more aircraft are within
range?

At 05:00 30 May 2007, wrote:
I've been flying with the Zaon PCAS for over 1 year
and I have never
had this problem. It is literally mounted 3-4' away
from my Cambridge
Model 20 on my glarehield. I do use the internal batteries
to power it
up. It works like a charm with no interference....Thanks
- Renny

On May 29, 8:47 pm, Carl wrote:
My GPS-NAV has been reliable until a few weeks ago
with my Aero 1550
running GN2 when I started using my Zaon PCAS velcro
mounted on my
instrument panel cover which has it about 3-4' above
the GPS-NAV. My
GPS-NAV now goes into GPS wait frequently and has
problems locking up
to the constellation. Has anyone else had this experience?
Could the
oscillator in the PCAS be an interference source or
its harmonics.
I'll try to do some experimenting with and without
it this weekend.
Thanks - Carl
V2b-7E