Old April 14th 08, 06:15 PM posted to alt.satellite.gps,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jim Logajan

Default Iridium Satellite Phone 9505A

Cubdriver usenet AT danford DOT net wrote:
What service is that?

I ask because we have a boat with an Iridium. It's used almost
entirely for email, a marvelous service and one that I cannot imagine
doing without. I know more about what my daughter and her children are
doing when they are Cape Horn than I do when they're living next
door. www.expeditionsail.com

I had no idea there was another service.

Not sure what service NW_Pilot is now using, but there appear to be several
alternate satellite phone services now (besides Iridium) though none appear
to offer equivalent coverage:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_phone
http://www.globalcomsatphone.com/