Old December 12th 07, 03:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default Multi time building Q

On Dec 12, 4:48 am, Denny wrote:
Does that mean if Fred (rated pilot) goes flying with me and we both
watch for traffic and he follows the GPS on a nav chart, I cannot log
PIC because I was not 'soley' responsible for the operation of the
aircraft?

In fact if you let your 4 year old grand daughter try her hands at the
controls during a cross country flight (legal under part 91) then no
one an log PIC. Most pilots log PIC as "sole manipulator"....
61.51(e)(1)(i)
(e) Logging pilot-in-command flight time.

(1) A sport, recreational, private, or commercial pilot may log pilot-
in-command time only for that flight time during which that person--

(i) Is the sole manipulator of the controls of an aircraft for which
the pilot is rated or has privileges;