Old March 29th 14, 10:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Stick grip loose - help how do I attach it properly?

On Tuesday, March 25, 2014 8:27:04 PM UTC-5, Paul Villinski wrote:
The old trick for motorcycle handgrips is to spray the bar with hairspray, then quickly slide the grip on. The spray lubes the bar so you can get the grip on, then cements it in place once it dries. Bond is strong enough to hold, but reversible....

I second the hairspray. I've used this method on at least a dozen motorcycle handlebars. Buy unscented. It slides on smooth and holds pretty firm once dry. The grip may later be removed by working a little WD-40 under it.