Old January 21st 08, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default What did it take to get a ticket in 1946?

On Jan 20, 2:34 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

I saw Arthur Godfrey pilot an Eastern Airlines Constellation.

Oh yeah? I can top that.

Last summer, I saw Elvis Presley himself taxi up in the left seat of
a green and white Bellanca Super Viking and and park next to me on the
ramp at Henderson Executive (KHND in Las Vegas). I know for a fact it
was Elvis himself, due to his trademark sideburns and white bellbottom
jumpsuit with gold stripes down the pant legs and gold stars
embroidered on the huge lapels. I swear it really was Elvis. He even
said "Thank ya, Thank ya very much" to the lineman who gave us a ride
in the van to the FBO.

Unlike Anthony, both Elvis and I flew to Vegas in real airplanes too.