Old February 1st 09, 06:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gezellig

Default A thought & question on simulators

On 2009-01-13, Dudley Henriques wrote:

No good for the scenario you describe.

I respectfully *strongly* disagree; a PC sim is great for instrument
procedure training if used properly. I used one and it was tremendously
helpful. I set it up with a faster, slipperier plane than I was actually
flying, and it helped greatly on things such as instrument scan,
procedures, partial panel etc.

--
From the sunny Isle of Man.

In the context you are describing you are absolutely correct. I read
the OP as asking about the sim in direct comparison to the physical
action/ reaction of the real airplane which of course the sim cannot
duplicate in any way.
For instrument procedures ONLY, as relates to instrument training, the
sim has many practical uses when used in conjunction with an
instrument instructor, and in fact I have highly recommended it for
that purpose many times in the past and will continue to do so in the
future.
Dudley Henriques

Dudley, you preferred one Microsoft Sim version, which one and why?