Old December 28th 19, 05:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default Locating Transponder Antenna on top of the fuselage instead ofunder it.

On Saturday, December 28, 2019 at 12:26:15 AM UTC-8, Tango Whisky wrote:
My transponder hs 250 W output, no way I would want that any place near my head or my balls.

The normal location (recommended by many manufacturers) just ahead of the gear doors is much closer to your balls than an L2 in the nosecone (or the instrument pod), if that worries you. Probably less than 2' away. I always wear tin foil underwear to match my tin foil hat. But my transponder antenna is in the nosecone and works perfectly as tested by external radiated power and FCC ADS-B out reports.