Old April 30th 05, 06:26 PM
Ed H

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
houstondan wrote:

We aren't talking about turning someone in for making an honest mistake,
we're talking someone who knowingly and willingly violated the law and
then had the nerve to brag about it. This isn't the sort of person we
should desire to have in our ranks.

One thing I don't get ... why are we blaming NW? Yeah he's a bit of a dork
for bragging about it, but didn't he do that roll with a CFI present?
Wasn't that CFI presumably encouraging if not directing that behavior?

If I were the FSDO, I would give NW a stern lecture about who to trust, then
send him on his way. Then I would suspend the CFI's flying and instructing
certs, and consider criminal charges against him. He's the one who violated
the trust of his student and the government that certified him to instruct.