Old May 20th 08, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

Default CHEROKEE LANDS ON STINSON: ALL OK

This will do nothing to settle the low wing vs high wing argument,
will it?

What puzzles me is I'd have thought the Stinson had to be on the
runway well ahead of the Piper, and although the Piper had right of
way shouldn't the other airplane have been visible? The runway may
have had the same color intensity as the Stinson, but it was a
different hue.

A slow airplane accelerating for take off, and a faster one
decelerating for landing, it takes just an awful set of circumstances
where the two paths converge at the same time on the runway.

Most times at uncontrolled airports we visit or use, the airplanes
waiting to take off usually are facing the downwind direction, or are
at least parked 45 degrees toward the incoming traffic for improved
visibility. Is that not common?

On May 20, 12:09 pm, B A R R Y
wrote:
On Tue, 20 May 2008 04:07:45 -0700 (PDT), Denny
wrote:

I can see a check ride in the future for the Cherokee pilot...

My money is on the Stinson, or both.