Old February 19th 12, 08:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marc

Default The Boy Who Flew With Condor DVD

On Feb 19, 11:54*am, kd6veb wrote:
Hi Gang
* I know we are all different but the comments below are almost
unbelievable. Such extremism! What is going on inside his head?
Dave

While this film may appeal to some of us for reasons of nostalgia, do
not under any circumstances show it to a young people you want to
interest in soaring. With it's stiff as a board main character and
general tackiness it will send them straight into the ranks of
paragliders and hang gliders, where they will be lost for a good 30
years until they are too old or too scared to run off cliffs anymore.

--
gotovkotzepkoi

The back-to-back arrival of the National Geographic article and this
episode of The Wonderful World of Disney made it impossible for my
parents to get this crazy idea out of my then 13 yo head, but, that
was 45 years ago. If I tried to show it to my now 13 yo daughter, she
would roll her eyes, and find some excuse to leave the room ASAP.
Sorry, Dave, but in my opinion, he's right, it's a nostalgia trip for
a lot of us, but a repellant to that age range now...

Marc