Old May 24th 17, 06:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_2_]

Default Stemme S12 in Michigan this Saturday, May 20th (KOZW) @ 4 pm

On 24/05/2017 09:28, Dave Nadler wrote:

Stemme has a different issue: it can get "rocking" (in roll) and hit a tip.
I know this has happened more than once (on grass fields) - damage results.

Always trade-offs!

See ya, Dave

I walked interestedly around the first Stemme I saw some years ago with
an aeronautical engineer friend. As we chatted about it he ran one hand
under the trailing edge of the wing tip and suggested I do the same.
The aileron bottom was heavily abraded for the outboard 4 feet or so.
Same on the other side.

'Every aeroplane touches the edge of the envelope somewhere' he said.

--
GC