Old January 28th 05, 12:53 AM
Wizard of Draws

On 1/27/05 2:15 PM, in article , "gatt"
wrote:

Hey, all. Haven't shot instrument approaches in a complex aircraft yet,
and I'm getting ready to so I'm curious:

When you're doing a practice approach in which you know it's going to be
missed, do you complete/amend/ignore the GUMPS check? I'm guessing yes,
but I'm curious as to what others do. Finishing up my complex endorsement
this afternoon, but haven't done any approaches in that plane yet.

-c

No way in hell. That's a sure way to forget it on a full stop approach.
Program your brain and muscle memory for GUMPS on every final approach.

Part of what the extended gear will do for you at glideslope intercept is
put you on the right descent rate if you've set up for the approach speed
already.
--
Jeff 'The Wizard of Draws' Bucchino

Cartoons with a Touch of Magic