Old October 2nd 03, 07:46 PM
Marty Ross

Marco,

I regularly use MSFS and ELITE. I prefer MSFS for "cruising around",
getting to "know" an area I might be flying to IRL, but for practicing IFR
approaches, I use ELITE.

I agree with others on this thread that the ELITE flight model seems to be
more realistic (at least, it's much more smooth and doesn't OVERREACT to
control input as does my MSFS). That just makes any attempt at "precision"
flying much more pleasant (and realistic, since real SE airplanes aren't as
squirrely and hard to control as the MSFS models).

The visuals (e.g., "as real as it gets") in MSFS are FAR superior though,
and I sometimes like to cycle the views to get an added perspective that I
can't get in real life (e.g., the spot plane) or in ELITE.

I grabbed the ELITE product when they smartly lowered the price for
"students" for just the Cessna C-172 models (I think I paid $200). I figure
I've recovered that money back after about 8 hours of use, since my FBO
charges $25/hr. for the same sim (their controllers are better though and
they're certified PCATD which I'm not, but that's OK with me...)

Happy Landings!

"Marco Rispoli" wrote in message
I have FS2004 but for some reason I think the physics are a bit off... I
don't know if FS2004 cuts it as far as realism goes.

so I started looking around for other simulators and I found the Elite
Simulation software.

Anyone uses the Elite ?

How realistic is it and how useful could it be as and extra help in

training
for a private pilot license (C172 specifically)?

Thanks!

--
Marco Rispoli - NJ, USA
You can read my flight training diary at