Old August 21st 06, 12:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Slick

Default Towpilot Experience

We just read into the regs a bit deeper. I was always under the impression
you had to have 100 hours in category and class and if it was a tail wheel
you had to have 1000 hours in that. I actually read the reg and it looks as
though it's only 100 hours of category and class. So I know if the regs
aren't holding us to 100 hours in a tail wheel then the insurance must be, I
assume. How would the insurance work out on the club gliders if the towpilot
wasn't covered under the club insurance policy, but rather carried non-owned
insurance? Would there be a problem if the pilot was towing gliders, since
most people that carry their own insurance are only flying planes, not
towing them as well?