View Single Post
Old September 11th 19, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster

Default Seminole Lake Gliderport for sale

On Tuesday, September 10, 2019 at 9:56:13 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Ignoring all of the issues around the current owner, surely the focus of the conversation is around maintaining and improving an excellent Gliderport / Gliding site that can benefit both the international visiting community to Disney as well as US pilots that like the winter sunshine?

I personally would leave it to the lawyers to resolve and ensure clear title can be achieved and ensure the money is in escrow and not handed over until free and clear title is in hand.

So getting back to the sale of the gliderport - how about an international syndicate?
Class A shares $5,000 USD each
Class B shares $1,000 USD each

Raise sufficient capital across the international gliding community to include sufficient working capital and fleet renewal for 2 x K21 and maybe 3 x Discus

I know of a great deal of UK pilots especially in the winter who would love to achieve their Bronze / Silver soaring qualifications and FLA and Disney is a perfect location for Europeans to fly to have a bit of winter sun.

I'm happy to organise if there is any interest... Let's focus on gliding, not the stuff that is not very important and should be left to lawyers?

I come in peace!

Cheers

nick

Another approach is to buy title insurance, and have the seller's pay for this insurance. If they can't get insurance, run, don't walk, from this deal.. Organizing a syndicate is, however, a good approach. You will need to incorporate, probably in FL. Good task for a lawyer. More difficult is advertising the offer; consult a business realtor.

Tom