Old April 19th 07, 08:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marc Ramsey

Default DG-300/303 owners...

Jack wrote:
After reading that one wonders is there no one available to AMS who can
translate German to English more clearly?

I wouldn't expect anyone there to do a particularly good job translating
German to English, any more than I would expect someone in the US to do
a good job of translating German to Slovenian.

As a relative newcomer to soaring it surprises me how much of a
garage-level industry is the production of sailplanes which cost so
dearly. To think that AMS could not be bothered to keep production
records which recorded changes in their processes is shocking.

"Amateurish" does not begin to cover it.

Glaser-Dirks was pretty clearly responsible for establishing the
inspection protocols and record keeping requirements. Apparently they
didn't consider this part of the manufacturing process important enough
to monitor. Why would Elan or AMS keep record of something that
Glaser-Dirks didn't request?

Marc