Old June 4th 21, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Re-registering Spot device with glideport.aero

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 12:33:58 AM UTC-6, Three Uniform wrote:
Anybody recent experience with registering a Spot GPS tracker with glideport.aero (SSA tracker) ?

I had a Spot Tracker running on glideport.aero in the past with no problem.
I re-instated my Spot account this season (with a flex plan)

In the past the Shared Spot Map page had a format like
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...8nExxxxxxxxxxx
And this link worked fine on glideport.aero in the past but not anymore.

When I access the Spot Shared Views now, the link has a format that looks like
https://maps.findmespot.com/s/Kxxx
And when I enter this link on the Glideport.aero Tracking Devices page (http://glideport.aero/setspot)
I get an error message (bad URL) and my Spot won't show.

The Spot works fine. I can view my tracks. I get the notifications of the OK message, etc.

Anybody experiencing anything similar ?
Any ideas how to resolve ?

3U

3U

Trying to get that resolved but not making great progress with modifying the links in glideport.aero to the new data location.

Frank Whiteley