Old February 23rd 04, 01:38 AM
dave

I've used cyalume's before, but wouldn't trust my life to them.
I've found many DOA freshly out of the package.

Dave

Ron Wanttaja wrote:
On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 17:21:58 GMT, john smith wrote:

Krill lights are another handy item to have in the cockpit. They run on
a single AA and will last 40-50 hours. The light does not destroy your
night vision. Also available in assorted colors.

Then there's plain-ol' cyalume lightsticks. Assorted colors, long-term
storage, long-lasting, fairly cheap. You can also buy holders that let you
modulate the amount of light released. Good option for emergencies, or for
folks who fly at night only rarely.

I used one of these to light my panel on a night flight about seven years
ago. I posted the story here, and added it to my web page as well:

http://www.bowersflybaby.com/stories/Night.htm

Ron Wanttaja