Old June 26th 04, 06:14 PM
pacplyer

Richard Lamb wrote in message ...
Jay Honeck wrote:

As much as I like the
party-giver and join in complimenting him for his contributions in this

and
other newsgroups, it is risky to serve alcohol to anyone you know or have
reason to know is about to operate dangerous machinery because of the
dramshop cases and the dramshop laws. Whether the entertainment is done
for pay or not is irrelevant.

I appreciate the sentiment, but, alas, I don't care to live in a world where
I can't serve my friends beer at pool side.

I also refuse to live in a world where I cannot trust my fellow pilots with
my $30K, full sized van. And no, I don't make them produce a drivers
license, and sign a waiver, nor do I check to make sure that they have
insurance. I toss 'em the keys, give 'em a map, and bid them adieu,
liability be damned.

If you have flown in to my hotel, that's proof enough to me that you are an
honorable, decent person. No one has proven me wrong yet.

People live up to your expectations.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Oh man. Jay, can I move to your world?
Mine is starting to suck with all the law suits happy people around
here.

Richard Lamb

Jay's the kind of great guy that got me into aviation in the first
place. Matt however is the kind of guy I wouldn't lend a bicycle to.
He'd go put new tires on it and bring it back, giving me the bill and
lecturing me on how dangerous it was for him. Jay, just put up a sign
at poolside that says: Warning: Patrons are not permitted to fly for
24 hours after consuming free alcoholic beverages. Caution:
consumption of lava rocks after falling down can cause extreme
discomfort and distress during future bowel movements....Notice: You
are not required to buy B.S. from poolside turd-merchants in the
airport hotel. The management does not condone their activities at
all.

Danger!.. Danger!... Danger Will Robinson!

pac "fall artist assassin" plyer