Old September 14th 03, 08:41 PM
Byron Miller

For you, your best bet would be a faster DX9 Video Card.

Sell the Geforce 4 MX on Ebay and get a Radeon Card.

The Absolute BEST in performance:

http://www.allstarshop.com/shop/simp...7712&ad=pwatch

ATI Radeon 9800 128 Meg for $192

Or for something that is being improved, but not the best for DX Games:

http://www.gameve.com/store/gameve_v...=1072&showit=1

Gainward Ultra/760 GeForce FX5600 128MB 8X Retail $132.00

I'd spend the extra 60 and get the ATI Radeon because it is ONE mean card!

Just make sure you have visited http://windowsupdate.mirosoft.com and
downloaded all the updates - including all DX9 updates.

If you want to tweak your current system, do the windows update and then
grab the latest nvidia driver from http://www.nvidia.com

--
-byron

// Totalsimulation.com // Flight Sim Resources!

"Dan Moos" wrote in message
Ok, I have the following system.

Athlon XP2000
384 megs of RAM (DDR 266)
GEForce 4 MX

I'm mostly curious what features I can dial down for the greatest effect.

know having lots of AI traffic doesn't help, but what else really is a
system hog.

Also, what single upgrade to the above system would be most useful. I say
single, because I am a real life pilot, and thus perpetually broke