Old March 1st 07, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_3_]

Default How often do you Fly?

"EridanMan" wrote in message
ups.com...
I suppose one of the reasons that the forum is so off topic at the
moment is whether has most of us grounded...

Thinking along those lines though...

How often do the rest of you get out flying? once a week? once a
month?

I've found that since I purchased 4261J, I've been 'forcing' myself to
the airport more and more (at least twice a week)... I mean, after you
start spending so much for insurance, tiedown, and the rest, it seems
like an awfully big waste to not make it as much as possible...

I'm actually not complaining (at all), considering my workload at the
moment, I'd probably just as well be going home and passing out...
this way at least I have at least two hours every week where I
actually feel alive...

How about how guys... how much do you 'actually' fly? how do you fit
it into your day to day life?

From March to mid-November, two to three times a week. In 2006, it was 336
hours (that included a five week grounding after surgery, during which I
hired a temp Commercial pilot). In 2005, it was 418 hours.

It fits my life because 80-90% of those flights are business related. Most
trips are 445-500nm.

I've been "blessed" with our situation (family business).

--
Matt Barrow
Performance Homes, LLC