Old June 13th 08, 08:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Roger Conroy[_2_]

Default GIVEN CURRENT WARS, F-35s ARE BETTER CHOICE THAN MORE F-22As

"Raymond O'Hara" wrote in message

"Tiger" wrote in message
Raymond O'Hara wrote:
"Tiger" wrote in message

Raymond O'Hara wrote:

"Roger Conroy" wrote in message
.. .

and they waited post war to build post war.

Why do I get the feeling When ever folk say the earth is round, you will
post it's flat???? What waiting? Dick Bong was killed testing P-80's in
Aug of 1945. Work on the A bomb never stopped. The race for the Ebe river
was a race gain zones of control postwar. Nobody was waiting.....

we are currently engaged in two wars. we have a runaway deficit.
and you're advocating spending billions on a weapons system that will not
do anything for us.
it is a great plane and if it was the cold war sure. but times have
changed and we must too.
a big main force war isn't going to happen anytime in the next 50 years.

"Peace in our time" - the phrase seems vaguely familiar?

Well we can all go back to bed now, Mr. O'Hara has personally guaranteed
"World Peace".

we need to settle what we are involved in and get the budget under
control. then you can think about new toys for use against an imaginary
enemy.

If you ever stop thinking up "new toys for use against an imaginary enemy"
that is exactly the momemt the enemy ceaces to be imaginary. Cite the
Maginot Line as a prime example of such complacency.