Old September 26th 06, 11:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Bob Noel

Default Hangar & PortAPort Ground Rent

In article ,
"RST Engineering" wrote:

The local airport authority (county) wants a pretty hefty chunk of change
increase in the ground rental for our personally owned PortAPort hangars as
well as a goodly increase in the county owned permanent T-hangars at GOO.

If you are in a hangar (especially a personally owned portaport type hangar)
please post back with monthly ground rental or hangar rental, approximate
size of the city/town the airport is located, any amenities (water, potty,
power, etc.) that come along with the rent, and anything else that will let
me have some data foundation for an answer to the airport manager's
assertion that the increase is justified.

Thanks ...

Jim

Massport, being customer focused, does NOT allow the portaport type hangars

At KBED (Bedford, MA) T-Hangar Rates

(Effective September 1, 2006)
A Row $413.00 per month
B & C Row $466.00 per month
D, E, F, H & J Row $606.00 per month
G 1-7 Row $1,320.00 per month
G 8* $1,515.00 per month
*Plus Utilities

(A row was $208/month in April 2003, J row was $359/month)

1 15 amp circuit is provided in each hangar.
A, B, & C have manual sliding doors
the others have electric bi-fold doors
D - J row are just big enough for a small twin (e.g., aztec)
G row is big enough for Malibus, etc

No water. A port-a-potty is "provided"
The tarmac is front of J row hangars is generously graded
to collect water dripping off the roof so that in the winter
there is a wide swath of ice in front of, under, and inside the door.

fwiw - I left my hangar 30 August - It just wasn't worth the almost
$7300 per year.

good luck

--
Bob Noel