Old July 29th 08, 05:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bob Kuykendall

Default Double Eagle + orphaned engine = a winner?

On Jul 28, 11:47*pm, " wrote:
...I hope you realize there will be quite a bit of clearancing with a 78....

Oops, I think I slipped a groove somewhere. I thought you wrote in
_The Orphaned Engine_ that with a 78mm crank there was no machining
required:

http://bobhooversblog.blogspot.com/2...ed-engine.html

I also thought that "clearancing" was machining work on the inside of
the crankcase to remove material that would otherwise interfere with
the movement of the connecting rods. Or do you mean some other type of
machining?

Thanks, Bob K.