Old July 14th 04, 06:47 PM
Cecil Chapman

My list:

King IFR DVD course

King Jeppesen Enroute & Approach chart review (great for learning about the
little 'nuances' in the chart zymology - especially helpful for those
examiner questions that may delve into the minutiae of the chart

Rod Machado Instrument Handbook

U.S. Govt's NEW Instrument book (BEAUTIFULLY DONE!)

PTS

Instrument Oral Exam Guide

VOR/ADF/Navigation Simulator (great for getting the nav aid concepts into
your head - you can move the aircraft around on a 2-d map in different
positions and headings and organize nav aids in the position you would like
((great for helping one to see what a given indication on the needles as it
relates to one's physical position to the navaid)))

OnTop Flight Simulator (great for practicing one's scan) of course FS 2004
can help you in this regard too (though I haven't used it very much)

I've tried many, more but the one's on the list are the ones that have
worked for me, of course YMMV... :-)

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL
Student-IASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -
"Paul Folbrecht" wrote in message
Well, my 152 is properly equipped & IFR certified now and I've decided to
commence my IFR traning shortly. I'd like to get opinions on study
materials. I really like the Jeppeson texts I used for my PPL but my mind
is open. (But, I have to say that the Kings happen to drive me nuts!)

TIA.