Old November 5th 06, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
RST Engineering

Default This year's annual

Now I would never, ever do this myself. Nor would I ever think of doing it
to an airplane. However, I have this friend named Ernie that told me about
it.

You have a low compression cylinder that you believe to be stuck rings. You
pull the top plug and put the cylinder on the compression stroke at TDC.
You pour Marvel Oil into the cylinder until it is full right up to the plug
threads. You leave it 24 hours, rocking the prop back and forth a few
degrees every so often. Drain the MMO out the bottom plug, replace both
plugs and go fly half an hour.

According to Ernie, 99% cure rate.

Jim

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
On 5 Nov 2006 06:09:49 -0800, "Jay Honeck" wrote:

Was this due to lead fouling?

It was due to something fouling, maybe lead, maybe coke...