Old October 25th 16, 01:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default US Competition Pilot Poll and Election

On the time and format issue, several national contest lately have been set up to start on a weekend and finish on the next weekend.

Unless you are local to the site, that makes the contest effect THREE work weeks, which is a no go for me, and probably many others.

I finally have a glider that is competitive in handicapped classes, sports, would have been in the Club, but the latest change to that class limits span to 15 meters.

The format that has been used successfully by the 1-26 Association for the Championships for many years has started with practice on Mon and Tues with the contest beginning on Wed. That leaves time for travel on both ends so you do not turn a National into a Regional contest. I would strongly urge this type of format for any contest that is not a regional.

Kevin
92