Old February 29th 04, 08:54 AM
S Green

"Blanche" wrote in message
I know that a completely wrapped yoke may look better, but I took
the simple approach. Two pieces of suede about 5x3 in. Friend with
a professional sewing machine sewed velcro on (each type on the ends).

So one side looks like this
-------------------
|o |
|o |
|o |
-------------------

And the other side looks like
-------------------
| +|
| +|
| +|

They wrap perfectly around the yoke (cherokee 180). And if I want
to change colors or something, comes off with no effort. The suede
forms perfectly to the finger bumps on the yoke.
I chose black because it matches the yoke.

If you want the feel of leather wear gloves. My dad ex airforce always
advises gloves just in case things get "hot" in the cockpit.