Old January 11th 05, 04:28 PM
Aaron Coolidge

Ross Richardson wrote:
: I thougth of that also, but wouldn't I see some rise in the oil
: temperature if I restrict the airflow through the oil cooler by 2/3s?

Hmmm, probably, but I can't think of any other reason for cold oil temps.

: Speaking of Arrow's, I talk to an owner that was putting on a
: winterization plate on his oil cooler, and I think it was a plate with a
: 1.5 D hole in it. That seems like a lot of restriction.

My airplane (Cherokee 180, O-360-A4A) has a similar oil cooler cover
plate. I don't usually use it, as my oil temp runs just below 180 in the
winter. If the air temp is realy cold I will put it on. We get 60F days
in the winter here in Southeastern Mass., and the oil temp goes really high
if the plate is on.
--
Aaron C. (N9376J)