Old May 22nd 17, 12:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

Default Scratch removal advice needed

On Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 10:29:42 AM UTC-4, MNLou wrote:
A week ago, I and my crew spent a fair part of day giving my glider a nice wax job. So, of course, 5 days later I landed out in a nice, freshly plowed corn field.

The landing went fine but, unfortunately, due to an uneven surface and excessive braking, I put AG up on her nose a couple of times.

The resulting scratches under the nose seem to be in, not through, the polyurethane paint. There does seem to be some dirt embedded in the scratches that won't come out with soap and water.

I would welcome suggestions on what type of rubbing compound or correcting cream people with similar experiences have used to successfully remove the scratches.

Thanks in advance!

Lou
LAK17at "AG"

Take "AG" to a small auto body shop. If you can't wash out the dirt it means it is a darker primer and you need to sand and paint. Talk to a small auto body shop. Preferably one man outfit. Someone who is willing to tinker with things. Best would be a custom motorcycle paint shop. Most of these guys are great with lots of attention to details. Don't try to fix it yourself. The paints are not designed to be handled by non-professionals as good protection equipment is required.