Old May 22nd 17, 12:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Scratch removal advice needed

On Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 7:29:42 AM UTC-7, MNLou wrote:
A week ago, I and my crew spent a fair part of day giving my glider a nice wax job. So, of course, 5 days later I landed out in a nice, freshly plowed corn field.

The landing went fine but, unfortunately, due to an uneven surface and excessive braking, I put AG up on her nose a couple of times.

The resulting scratches under the nose seem to be in, not through, the polyurethane paint. There does seem to be some dirt embedded in the scratches that won't come out with soap and water.

I would welcome suggestions on what type of rubbing compound or correcting cream people with similar experiences have used to successfully remove the scratches.

Thanks in advance!

Lou
LAK17at "AG"

Try using Meguiar's rubbing, then polishing compound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byRA0lCXpzg

Tom