Old October 24th 03, 09:14 PM
Ben Jackson

In article , Highfllyer wrote:
"Ben Jackson" wrote in message
news:jdXkb.827639$YN5.865583@sccrnsc01...
Underwriters look at accident history. A 206 is a travelling plane.
When people crash it they've loaded 6 people into it and flown it into
weather they/it can't handle because they need to Get There.

But it compares VERY closely to a 182, which is very cheap to insure and
often flown by new private pilots with no penalty.

Compares closely in what way? Almost all airplanes are subject to the
same kinds of accidents, but in different proportions.

I looked at accidents before I posted my comment. There were a number
of Fatal(6) results. People don't buy 206s to get 'big 172s', they buy
them to get 6 seats. You don't buy a 6 seat airplane for training, or
for boring holes in the sky, you buy it to go places. With most of the
seats full. The accidents reflect that. Plenty of VFR pilots into IMC
that kill everyone aboard.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/