Old February 14th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Plastic/Vinyl letters

The automotive refinish industry has looked at this option. About the
only thing keeping us from using it is public acceptance. We don't
like to buy "new" things.

BTW boat shrink wrap comes in a few colors and is plenty large enough
to cover a wing, or a whole glider. Heat set adhesives are available
to turn it into a heavy duty version of Monokote. Several ultralights
have used similar covering materials and methods, Tedlar on the
original Lazair being the most notable. I have tested the shrink wrap
method on some ulatalight control surfaces and am satisfied enough that
it is a viable method, below 80 knots or so, that I may try it as a
replacement for the 1.7 oz Dacron the next time I cover an
experimental.
Leon McAtee